By Susan Pickard
"With nice rigour, but an enviable lightness of contact, Susan Pickard has written a fascinating and available e-book that scholars will love."
- Rosaline Gill, urban college London
"A scholarly journey de strength that brings into concentration a few of the disciplines, histories, literatures and knowledges that experience remodeled us into sleek topics of age."
- Stephen Katz, Trent University
Age Studies takes an invigorating method of the study of age and ageing in modern society. Encompassing growing older through the lifestyles path, taking in early life, formative years, mid-life and older age, and positioned explicitly inside of a sociological disciplinary framework, Age Studies:
- Explores present social technological know-how debates at the learn of getting old linking those to center sociological concepts.
- Links thought and alertness, utilizing a number of examples and overseas case studies
- Includes bankruptcy summaries, extra examining and guided questions.
A thought-provoking better half to complicated undergraduates and postgraduate pupil learning growing older, older humans, social gerontology and comparable courses.
Read Online or Download Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course PDF
Best gerontology books
This latest version of a center graduate point textbook has further six new chapters to additional improve the ìgerontological imagination,î and inspire an interdisciplinary method of the examine of getting older. Academically rigorous but transparent and obtainable, the textual content offers the most up-tp-date findings from top gerontological researchers and practitioners.
Gerontology in Theological schooling: neighborhood application improvement offers a resource e-book for directors and college in theological colleges who're inquisitive about the expanding variety of older individuals in congregations and groups. Theoretical, theological, and sensible chapters supply counsel to these attracted to adventuring into getting older for the 1st time or in revising current commitments.
Die Lebenssituation älterer Menschen im ländlichen Raum ist einem starken Wandel unterworfen. Zu diesem Wandel gehören demographische Veränderungen, die Verbesserung der materiellen Lebensbedingungen und mehr Bildung. Damit steigen der Wunsch und die Fähigkeit zur sozialen Teilhabe älterer Menschen.
Express Variables in Developmental learn offers developmental researchers with the fundamental instruments for realizing tips to make the most of specific variables of their info research. overlaying the size of person adjustments in progress premiums, the size of degree transitions, latent type and log-linear types, chi-square, and extra, the booklet presents a way for developmental researchers to use specific facts.
- Enabling People with Dementia: Understanding and Implementing Person Centred Care
- Aging in the United States and Japan: Economic Trends (National Bureau of Economic Research Conference Report)
- The Aging Networks, 8th Edition: A Guide to Programs and Services
- A pesar de los pesares: Cuaderno de la vejez (Spanish Edition)
Additional info for Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course