By Kristina Hash PhD MSW,Elaine Jurkowski MSW PhD,John Krout PhD
Research files that rural elders are poorer, reside in much less enough housing, and feature a long way fewer healthiness and repair suggestions on hand to them than their city opposite numbers, but there's a serious loss of present and unique info at the difficulties dealing with rural elders and at the specialist practices that serve this inhabitants. this article fills this hole through introducing readers to rural parts and their citizens and discussing the problems, courses, and regulations designed to fulfill their wishes. via a multidisciplinary lens, it examines and defines particular skills required for profitable paintings with older adults and their households in those communities.
The textual content offers a research-driven, competency-based strategy for the future health and human carrier pros who paintings with older rural citizens. It discusses either the issues dealing with older adults and their households and evidence-based strategies concerning coverage and top practices. Key concerns tested comprise overall healthiness and well being, transportation, housing, long term care, source of revenue, employment, and retirement, besides the wishes of precise populations (ethnic minorities, immigrants, and the LGBT population). Case examples make stronger an interdisciplinary version that addresses perform with rural elders that encompasses expert skills, values and ethics, and the jobs of a spectrum of future health and human provider pros. The textual content additionally examines present rules affecting future health and social providers to rural elders and proposals for coverage swap to construct an efficient overall healthiness and human carrier staff in rural groups. hyperlinks to Podcast interviews with students and revered execs operating within the box and "Spotlight" excerpts from the textual content make stronger details. moreover, the textual content offers dialogue questions, PowerPoint slides, a try out query financial institution, and recommended actions and workouts.
- Fills a vacuum concerning info on well-being and social companies for rural elders
- Provides present and accomplished wisdom approximately concerns besetting this inhabitants and courses and rules designed to fulfill their wishes
- Examines and defines particular potential required for powerful overall healthiness and social prone
- Based on a research-driven, competency-based, interdisciplinary method of coverage and most sensible perform
- Includes hyperlinks to Podcast interviews with students and revered execs within the box
Read or Download Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice PDF
Best gerontology books
This most up-to-date variation of a center graduate point textbook has further six new chapters to additional improve the ìgerontological imagination,î and inspire an interdisciplinary method of the research of getting older. Academically rigorous but transparent and obtainable, the textual content offers the most up-tp-date findings from top gerontological researchers and practitioners.
Gerontology in Theological schooling: neighborhood software improvement offers a resource publication for directors and school in theological faculties who're keen on the expanding variety of older folks in congregations and groups. Theoretical, theological, and functional chapters provide tips to these attracted to adventuring into getting older for the 1st time or in revising current commitments.
Die Lebenssituation älterer Menschen im ländlichen Raum ist einem starken Wandel unterworfen. Zu diesem Wandel gehören demographische Veränderungen, die Verbesserung der materiellen Lebensbedingungen und mehr Bildung. Damit steigen der Wunsch und die Fähigkeit zur sozialen Teilhabe älterer Menschen.
Specific Variables in Developmental study offers developmental researchers with the elemental instruments for realizing tips to make the most of specific variables of their facts research. overlaying the size of person modifications in progress charges, the dimension of degree transitions, latent classification and log-linear versions, chi-square, and extra, the ebook offers a way for developmental researchers to use express info.
- Population ageing from a lifecourse perspective: Critical and international approaches (Ageing and the Lifecourse series)
- Balancing Work and Caregiving for Children, Adults, and Elders: Balancing Work and Family (Family Caregiver Applications series)
- Religion and Aging: An Anthology of the Poppele Papers
- Spiritual Wisdom for Successful Retirement: Living Forward
- Altersdiskriminierung am Arbeitsplatz: Ein Vergleich der Länder Deutschland, Großbritannien und Schweden (German Edition)
- Independent for Life
Additional info for Aging in Rural Places: Programs, Policies, and Professional Practice